The airseychelles.com, (hereinafter individually and collectively referred to as the "Air Seychelles Websites"), are owned and operated by Air Seychelles Limited.
- Agreement Between You and Air Seychelles
By accessing and using the Air Seychelles Websites, you agree to accept, without modification, limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions contained herein (the "Agreement"). You represent and warrant you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement and to use the Air Seychelles Websites in accordance with all terms and conditions herein.
- Denied Boarding
In the event that you hold a confirmed Air Seychelles ticket and a seat is not available on the flight due to overbooking, we will seek for volunteers to agree in exchanging or giving up their seat in return for benefits to be provided by the airline. We will do our best not to deny boarding to unaccompanied minors or passengers with reduced mobility.
If you are denied boarding involuntarily or voluntarily for the above mentioned reasons you will be entitled to one of the following conditions:
- Re-routing on the earliest flight to the final destination airport subject to availability of seats.
- Meals and refreshments vouchers depending on the waiting time to connect to your next flight.
- Hotel accommodation if required for stays of one or more nights at the destination.
- Transport to and from the airport.
- Monetary denied boarding compensation (DBC) if volunteered as stipulated by the airline.
- Reimbursement of the fare paid for the ticket or sector if the journey no longer serves any purpose in relation to your original plan.
- Flight Cancellation
As we do not want to inconvenience your travel, we will try our best not to cancel your flight.
If your flight is cancelled, you are entitled to:
- Be informed of the cancellation or schedule change at least two weeks before the scheduled time of departure
- Be informed of the cancellation between two weeks and seven days before the scheduled time of departure and are offered re-routing, allowing you to depart no more than two hours before the scheduled time of departure and reach your final destination less than four hours after the scheduled time of arrival;
- Be informed of the cancellation less than seven days before the scheduled time of departure and are offered re-routing, allowing you to depart no more than one hour before the scheduled time of departure and to reach your final destination less than two hours after the scheduled time of arrival.
Extraordinary circumstances, for example adverse weather conditions, bird strikes, military unrest and others which are beyond our control, may prevent us from operating the flight.
If the airline can prove that the cancellation has been caused by extraordinary circumstances beyond the control of the airline, after meeting all reasonable measures of trying to operate the flight however due to political instability, safety and security reasons, weather disruption, labor disputes or failure or delay of air traffic control facilities, bird strikes and others, the flight was not able to operate, the airline will not be responsible in offering any compensation.
- Israel Aviation Services Law
As Air Seychelles operates to Israel please see enclosed a brief of the Aviation Services Law related to compensation and assistance for cancellation of flight, delays and denied boarding. Note that the Aviation Services Law is not presented in full in the document shared.
To view the brief of the Israel Aviation Services Law please click here
- Modification of Terms
Air Seychelles tries to ensure that the information contained in the Air Seychelles Websites is as accurate as possible. However, inaccuracies may arise from time to time. Air Seychelles accepts no responsibility for any errors in the information contained in the Air Seychelles Websites.
The Air Seychelles Websites contain, inter alia, information about the products and services Air Seychelles or a third party is offering. This information and all other material on the Air Seychelles Websites are provided in good faith. By using the Air Seychelles Websites you agree and acknowledge that Air Seychelles may update, change or amend the Terms and Conditions and Customer Care Policy and/or other information provided on the Air Seychelles Websites at any time without advance notice.
Changed terms and conditions will become effective once posted on the Air Seychelles Websites, and will not have any retrospective effect on existing contractual arrangements made through Air Seychelles Websites. You should re-read these terms and conditions every time you visit the Air Seychelles Websites to ensure that you aware of all the relevant terms and conditions. Accordingly, your continued access and use of the Air Seychelles Websites after any change is deemed to be your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
- Site Availability
While Air Seychelles uses all reasonable endeavors to make the Air Seychelles Websites and associated services available, Air Seychelles cannot guarantee that they will operate continuously or without interruption.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Air Seychelles makes no representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the Air Seychelles Websites or the contents and, to the fullest extent permissible under the law, disclaims all such representations and warranties.
Your access to and use of software and other materials on, or through, the Air Seychelles Websites is solely at your own risk. Air Seychelles makes no warranty whatsoever about the reliability, stability or virus-free nature of such software.
Subject to applicable law, under no circumstance is Air Seychelles responsible for any direct or indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages of any kind (including but not limited to lost profits, lost savings or revenue, or loss or corruption of data or information) which arises out of or is in any way connected with your use of or inability to use the Air Seychelles Websites whether based on breach of contract, tort, negligence, product liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
This includes any information, products or services obtained through or any contract entered into via the Air Seychelles Websites, but excludes carriage by air performed by Air Seychelles in respect of any ticket obtained using the booking engine provided in the Air Seychelles Websites, which is subject to the conditions of carriage and applicable international conventions.
- Acceptable Use
When using the Air Seychelles Websites you agree:
- to use them solely to determine the availability of products and services offered by Air Seychelles and to assist you to make legitimate reservations or transact business with us.
- You agree to use the Air Seychelles Websites only for personal, non-commercial use;
- to use the Air Seychelles Websites' services to make only legitimate reservations;
- not to make any false reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand. Air Seychelles may cancel, without notice, all confirmations associated with multiple reservations to one or more destination on or about the same date;
- not to deface, alter or interfere with the front end "look and feel" of the Air Seychelles Websites or the underlying software code;
- not to take any action which will impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Air Seychelles Websites or related infrastructure;
- to all of our terms and conditions of purchase, including, but not limited to, full and timely payment of all amounts due and compliance with all rules concerning availability of fares, products, or services. All fees, assessments, charges, taxes and duties arising out of use of the Air Seychelles Websites are your sole responsibility;
- not to do anything which will or might damage, interfere with, disrupt access to, interrupt or impair the functionality of the material available on the Air Seychelles Websites, nor to upload any material that contains any computer viruses or other codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software or equipment;
- not to post, distribute or otherwise upload any defamatory, libelous, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortuous, racially or ethnically objectionable or otherwise unlawful material or information or send any chain letters, junk mail, 'spamming' material or any other form of bulk communication;
- not to threaten, harass, stalk, abuse, disrupt or otherwise violate the rights of others, including individuals' privacy rights;
- not to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Air Seychelles Websites or any private or member account areas on the Air Seychelles Websites, nor to impersonate any person or misrepresent your affiliation with another person;
- not do, cause or permit anything to be done that may infringe, damage or interfere with any intellectual property rights of Air Seychelles nor any of our associated companies or third parties. Also, not to do anything that is otherwise unlawful or which may create any liability on the part of Air Seychelles;
- violate this Agreement or any applicable legislation in any other manner.
If Air Seychelles considers that you have breached any of these terms and conditions or have otherwise demonstrated inappropriate conduct when using Air Seychelles Websites, Air Seychelles reserves the right to:
- warn you that you have breached these terms and conditions, and ask you to stop such conduct;
- delete any material or content which you may have posted without notice to you;
- take measures (including terminating, suspending or restricting your access) to, and preventing you from using the Air Seychelles Websites;
- cancel any bookings that you may have with Air Seychelles without reference to you;
- report your activities to an internet service provider or relevant authorities;
- take legal action against you.
- Copyright and Trademarks
All content of the Air Seychelles Websites is subject to copyright.
The Air Seychelles Websites are for the your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Air Seychelles Websites.
Air Seychelles, and any other product or trade names of Air Seychelles referenced in the Air Seychelles Websites are our trade marks or registered trade marks. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Website Bookings
You can book for up to 9 guests per booking on the Air Seychelles websites. This would mean that you are able to make reservations for a group of 9 adults and children (2 - 11 years old). Infant-only bookings cannot be made online and unaccompanied minor bookings also need to be made via our Contact Centre.
Infants (under 2 years old) and children (2-11 years old) are deemed to be so at the time of travel and not at the time of booking. A child traveling on his or her second birthday is considered a child and not an infant, and would need to have been ticketed as such.
A child traveling on his or her 12th birthday is considered an adult and would need to have been ticketed as such.
You may make bookings up to 5 days before departure.
You may book a flight in the Class of your choice: Business or Economy Class. Your booking is subject to the applicable fare conditions and the availability of seats in that fare group. You need to pay online with a credit card.
You are only able to make amendments or cancellations on the booking you are making prior to confirming your reservation online. Any modifications after this must be made via your local Air Seychelles office or Contact Centre. All reservations, including modifications and cancellations are subject to the Terms and Conditions, Customer Care Policy, General Conditions of Carriage and any applicable fees and charges (including but not limited to fare rules of the ticket and Guest Service Fee).
Please note that our prices are automatically displayed based on the origin you are flying from. Your payment provider may apply different exchange rates to the fare displayed on the booking page. Therefore, there may be additional charges incurred, which Air Seychelles are not liable for.
- Use of Credit card
We accept all major credit cards. The credit card must be in the name of one of the passengers travelling and the same card must be carried at the time of travel, together with the form of identity submitted during the booking process, for verification at check-in. Alternatively, if the passenger travelling is not the cardholder, or if for any reason, the credit card used for the booking cannot be produced at check in, Air Seychelles may require that a clear photocopy of both sides of the credit card used for a booking may be presented, duly signed by the cardholder authorizing the use of the card for the purchase of the ticket. For security reasons, we request you to strike out the Card Verification Value (CVV) code of the card on the photocopy.
We accept credit cards issued in the country of departure and a few other selected countries as specified during the booking process. If you wish to arrange for delivery or collection of a ticket in a country other than your country of departure, you will need to contact one of our local offices to make the booking and arrange payment and ticketing.
- Your credit card will be debited when you click on the confirm button.
- If you do not have a credit card, you may choose to pay in cash while visiting one of our offices.
- The tickets shall be delivered to you depending on your selection of the method of delivery and upon satisfactory proof of payment and identity.
- Disclaimer: Air Seychelles accepts no liability or responsibility and will not be liable or responsible for any loss, damage, misuse or unauthorized access occurring in connection of with the provision of credit card data. Air Seychelles will not be responsible or liable for any action or decision made by you in reliance on the information with regard to credit card usage on this website, even if Air Seychelles has been advised of the possibility of these damages.
- If the booking travel originates from some specific countries, the credit card used to make payment for this booking will be verified at the time of check-in, failure to which you will not be allowed to fly using this booking.
- Kindly note that Air Seychelles is based in Mahe, Seychelles. It is possible that your credit card Issuing Bank may levy an additional fee for this transaction, for usage of the card in a foreign country. For further information, kindly contact your respective credit card Issuing Bank.
- Air Seychelles will charge your credit card in the currency as displayed on the booking confirmation. If you are not using a credit card based in the country of departure of the itinerary, your credit card Issuing Bank may levy a fee for transaction in foreign currency, and may also apply different exchange rate as compared to those given by the currency converter on our site. Kindly contact your credit card Issuing Bank for further information on any fees and the applicable exchange rates.
- For payments by VISA or MasterCard, depending on your credit card Issuing Bank, you may have to complete an extra level of security check through the “Verified by Visa” or “MasterCard Secure” page. A pop-up window will appear after you confirm the purchase of your itinerary, containing your bank’s logo, in which you must provide your ‘Verified by Visa’ or ‘MasterCard Secure’ password. This is not the PIN used for ATM/ Cash Machine transactions. If you are requested to enter this password, and if you have not registered for this authentication service, kindly contact your bank to register. If you are requested to enter this password and you choose to continue without entering it, or enter incorrect password, your booking may not be successfully completed. For further information, kindly contact your credit card Issuing Bank.
- If your credit card is issued in India, we accept International Credit Cards.
- Air Seychelles reserves the right to refuse carriage in case of non-compliance with these credit card rules.
We will make every effort to maintain confidentiality when securing an online payment. This covers the security of your credit card details and other personal information. All of your personal information is encrypted as it travels over the Internet.
- Conditions of Carriage
The carriage of passengers and their baggage by air will be subject to the Conditions of Carriage of the carrier concerned. With respect to our flights, please read our General Conditions of Carriage.
The carriage of passengers and their baggage may also be subject to the applicable Warsaw Convention 1929 or the Montreal Convention 1999, and other applicable legislation which may limit or stipulate the carrier's liability in certain circumstances.
- Travel Requirements
You may require a visa for travel to some destinations to and via which you are required to travel due to the booking you have made through the Air Seychelles Websites. It is your responsibility to obtain such visas required for travel. You must also have valid passport for the duration of the travel and the expiry date of your passport must be acceptable to all the countries you enter. More information on the passport and visa requirements is available at the embassy of the country or countries you will be travelling to, and at the closest Air Seychelles office.
The fares quoted may not include the individual charges such as departure taxes, passenger service charges, airport taxes, imposed by airport or aeronautical authorities of the countries you are visiting. You will be required to pay them directly to the charging authorities.
You are also advised to check with your doctor whether you are required to undergo immunization prior to entry or stopover in the countries to and through which you will be travelling. Some countries require that you have adequate travel insurance. It is your responsibility to ascertain these requirements and to fulfil such requirements.
As a condition of use of the Air Seychelles Websites, you agree to indemnify us from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including attorney's fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of the Air Seychelles Websites, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
- Links to Third-Parties' Websites
The Air Seychelles Websites may contain links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. Air Seychelles does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on such third-party sites. Third-party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement by us. You assume sole responsibility for use of third-party links and pointers.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the Air Seychelles Websites, or if you have any complaints about any of the services provided by Air Seychelles please contact us.
- Choice of law and jurisdiction
Your use of the Air Seychelles Websites and the Air Seychelles terms and conditions is subject to the laws of the Seychelles and you agree to submit to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the Seychelles. Air Seychelles reserves the right to bring proceedings to the courts of the country of your location.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please click here to email us your queries.
- Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays
On rare occasions an Air Seychelles flight may experience delay whilst on the ground at an airport. During this time, our goal is to ensure that any flight disruption is kept to a minimum, and that our guests’ journey with Air Seychelles continues to be an inspired experience.
- What is a lengthy tarmac delay?
Any four-hour or longer delay that occurs while an Air Seychelles aircraft is on-ground at a airport during:
- Taxi out – from the time the aircraft pushes away from the gate until it is in the air;
- Taxi in – from the time the aircraft lands until it is parked at a gate; or
- Diversions – unscheduled stops at a US airport due to weather events, medical emergencies or other causes.
- Air Seychelles tarmac delay policy
The Air Seychelles Network Operations Centre (NOC) employees, third-party ground handling agent employees, Air Seychelles airport operation teams, flight crews, air traffic control coordinators and airport operator employees will work together to:
- Provide adequate food and water no later than two hours after the aircraft leaves the gate (in the case of a departure) or touches down (in the case of an arrival) if the aircraft remains on the tarmac, unless the pilot-in-command determines that safety or security considerations preclude such service.
- Assure that upon departure from or arrival at airport the aircraft shall not remain on the tarmac for more than four hours before allowing passengers to deplane. The flight crew and air traffic control will coordinate any exceptions to this legal requirement. Exceptions may be made if:
a. The pilot in command determines there is a safety or security risk to deplaning guests, such as a weather event or
an air traffic control directive; or
b. Air Traffic Control advises that returning to a gate or allowing guests to deplane at an area other than a gate would significantly disrupt airport operations.
3. In either of these scenarios, Air Seychelles will continue to assess conditions in an effort to maintain compliance with our customer service plan and DoT regulations.
Proactively manage the pushback of an aircraft to prevent delays lasting more than four hours, to the best of our ability.
Proactively manage taxi-in delays to prevent delays lasting more than four hours, to the best of our ability. Proactively manage diversions to prevent delays from lasting more than four hours, to the best of our ability.
Provide or arrange lavatory facilities as well as adequate medical attention, if needed, while an aircraft remains on the tarmac.
Provide information to guests regarding the status of the delay every 30 minutes, including reasons for the delay if they are known, via Air Seychelles airport operation teams and flight crews.
Provide information every 30 minutes to guests onboard an aircraft that they may disembark if they wish to, but only when this is actually possible, and safe to do so, via Air Seychelles airport operation teams and flight crews.
Air Seychelles has sufficient resources to implement this plan.
- Extra legroom seats
Extra legroom seats are not offered on codeshare flights marketed by Air Seychelles.
The price of the seat is per person, per flight sector. In the event of aircraft type change, Air Seychelles will exert its reasonable efforts to re-accommodate guests in like seats. In the case where extra legroom seats are not available, Air Seychelles will refund the amount paid per person, per sector which cannot be accommodated.
The extra legroom seats are assigned only upon full payment of the extra legroom seat fees and ticket fare. Payment for the extra legroom seats will not earn any additional Air Seychelles Guest Miles points.
The extra-legroom seats are non-transferrable and non-refundable. We shall refund the payment you made for the extra legroom seat only in the following instances:
- The flight is cancelled by us,
- If the extra-legroom seat is unavailable due to aircraft change
Extra Legroom Safety Requirements
To be seated in an exit row seat with extra legroom, guests must:
1. Be 18 years old or above;
2. Must be able to locate, physically reach, open and evacuate the emergency window or door;
3. Must be able to understand and carry out instructions provided on the safety card, or instructions given by cabin crew in either French or English during an emergency evacuation;
4. Must be able to assist crew and guests in the event of an aircraft evacuation;
5. Must be able to check the outside conditions and carry out cabin crew requests before opening the emergency exit;
6. Guests must not be pregnant;
7. Guests must not have any physical mobility conditions preventing them from performing any of the above duties, regardless of age, injury, physical or psychological conditions, vision or hearing problems or general sickness;
8. Guests must not be travelling with children or infants;
9. Guests must not be travelling with a carer or guide dog.
If our Air Seychelles Guest Service staff confirms that the guest does not meet any of the required safety criteria, we may re-assign to you a regular economy seat before or during the journey without refund of the extra-legroom seat reservation fees.
These important safety requirement means that you will be able to use Web and Kiosk check-in. However, if there are issues onboard the aircraft you are subject to being moved if you do not meet the exit row seating criteria.
- Resident Bookings
Residents will need to enter a valid Seychelles National Identity number when making a booking. The travelling guest must be the owner of the National Identity number.
Resident fares are valid for domestic flights i.e. Mahe to Praslin.
Residents must present their Seychelles National Identity card at the time of check-in and may also be required to present the card at the boarding gate. For through flights, a passport must be shown. Each adult must provide their National Identity. Infants less than two years old, traveling with adults do not need to provide a national identification card. Adult passengers who fail to present their National Identity will be denied boarding and their ticket will become non-refundable.
All Customers who submit an Offer shall be deemed to have the authority to act on behalf of and to bind the person or persons named or included on the Offer to these Terms and Conditions
- You may only submit one Offer per flight which corresponds to the purchased ticket issued on Air Seychelles document number 061, and offers must always be made and paid by using a credit card. Minimum/Maximum upgrade offer values apply.
- If more than one passenger exists in the original flight booking, the upgrade offer applies to each passenger. The offered amount will be multiplied by the number of persons included in the original flight booking. Prior to submitting your credit card details you will see the total amount for the upgrade.
- In the event the Airline accepts your Offer, your credit card shall be charged the full amount immediately upon acceptance, and the Airline will issue an Upgrade to each passenger included in your original flight booking.
- The acceptance of the offer is based on seats available and is at the sole discretion of the Airline.
- Air Seychelles may accept your offer up to 12 hours to departure. You may revise or cancel your Offer as long as your Offer has not already been accepted by the Airline.
- There will be no refunds, transfers, credits or exchanges once your Offer has been accepted by Air Seychelles, except under the following conditions:
i) The flight for which your Offer was accepted and you were upgraded was cancelled
ii) The flight for which your Offer was accepted and you were upgraded was cancelled, and the Airline re-accommodated you on another flight but in the class of service of your original booking
iii) Your Offer was accepted and you were given an Upgrade, but you were not able to be seated in the upgraded class of service for reasons attributable to the Airline, including, but not limited to, a change in equipment, a delay in the connecting flight that resulted in you missing the connection on which you were upgraded, but excluding reasons attributable to your actions
- If the refund is approved, the amount paid for the Upgrade will be refunded to the payment card and in the same currency that was used to pay for the Upgrade.
- The fare conditions for the original ticket you purchased shall remain in effect and will be applicable even if your Offer has been accepted and you have been upgraded, including, but not limited to, cancellation policies and change fees.
- In the event your Offer was accepted and your credit card was charged the Offer amount but the Upgrade was not provided or received, you are entitled for a refund provided that the conditions for which refunds are given as described in these terms and conditions have been satisfied. To claim the refund you shall contact Air Seychelles within 3 months of the flight departure, presenting your boarding pass for the flight in question and the email notifying you that you have been Upgraded.
- 10. Air Seychelles reserves the right to modify and otherwise change these Terms and Conditions at any time in its sole discretion. These modifications or changes shall not impact material provisions of the Terms and Conditions, nor the Offers that have already been accepted.